Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My List of 10 Fears

Here are 10 things I am fearful of. I am sure you will agree a few and maybe you will not. Either way I hope you enjoy reading the list and if you have a question or comment, feel free to leave it for me in the comments and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Not in any specific order)
  • I am terrified of spiders. I am worried about getting bit by a spider. I think they are creepy looking with their fuzz and multiple eyes. I hate that everytime I walk out onto my porch there’s a new spider web and I seem to always walk right into it. I then turn into the best martial artist there is with my Kung Fu kicks and Karate chops when I try to get the webs off of me.

  • I am afraid of being alone at night. I get jumpy and on edge. I am constantly looking over my shoulder and around each corner as if something would jump out and scare me at any moment. Something about the dark makes me feel uneasy and all the shadows make it harder to see what’s really there or not really there. The dark makes the eyes play tricks on me and I tend to see things differently because of the dark.

  • I am petrified of drowning. I think this would be the most painful and frightening way of dying. I love to swim and drowning doesn’t worry me while swimming. Ice fishing scares me because I worry about falling through the ice and getting trapped under a sheet of ice where I would drown. People drown and die from asphyxiation which means they die from lack of oxygen.

  • I am intimated by social situations where I become the center of attention in a crowd. I get nervous when the attention is on me and I tend to begin to start stumbling over my words or make simple mistakes that feel embarrassing. I used to be afraid of any and all social situations and I constantly worried that other people were being critical of me. I have overcome those thoughts and now I am working on being the center of attention at times. For example, telling a joke to a group of friends or coworkers.

  • I am scared to death of my daughter getting severely hurt. I think it’s only natural that moms have this fear. No one wants to see their child get hurt. I want to keep my daughter safe and prevent any major injury from happening. Fortunately, my daughter has not broken a bone or has ever had an injury requiring stitches. I have kept a close watchful eye on her and have always been right there to catch her when she falls. Only once was I not close enough and she got hurt. She bit right through her lower lip. I took her to the ER and they said they can’t give her stitches for that and it healed perfectly with very little scarring. I know I can’t always be right there, but while I can I try to be.

  • I am disgusted and anxious of cockroaches. They are vile and creepy bugs that are nearly indestructible. Did you know that cockroaches can live when you smash them or cut their heads off? YUCK! Can you imagine walking into a home with an infestation and hearing all that small scratching sounds coming from inside the walls? It’s gross to think about how they can squeeze into tight spaces making it easier for them to get into food products. They give me shivers just to think about.

  • I am horrified by the idea of being diagnosed with a degenerative illness. It would be a terrible experience to see yourself falling apart and pieces of yourself dying or not working anymore, but you’re still alive and have your mind with you able to realize the awful truth of the situation. Diseases like muscular dystrophy and others in which the body starts to break down.  

  • I am scared of confrontation. I tend to avoid conflicts due to how uncomfortable they make me feel. It’s not that I can’t handle myself during a conflict or that I can’t resolve conflicts. It’s more that conflicts are unpleasant situations that raise my stress level and put me on edge. If I can I try my best to avoid conflict, but not at all cost. If I must, I will face the conflict head on, but that doesn’t mean I will enjoy it.


  • I am spooked by the idea of aliens visiting earth. I believe there could be life on other planets and possibly intelligent life. I worry about these intelligent creatures coming to visit earth. I wonder what would be the purpose of visiting earth and would they eat people or take slaves. I wonder if they would truly come in peace or would they try to conquer earth?

  • I am fearful of horror movies. I don’t mind the blood and guts of scary movies, but every time I watch a movie that is suspenseful or scary I hate it, because when something jumps out at you from nowhere, I tend to scream or jump out of my seat. I always jump out of my seat numerous times throughout these kinds of movies. The feeling of jumping and getting scared is not a comfortable or thrilling feeling for me. In fact, it is almost painful and makes me uneasy for the rest of the night. I will even have a nightmare after watching a movie that is very scary. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of spiders either. Especially in my house. I can handle them outside, unless I happen to walk into a web. Yuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nodded for just about all of them. OMG spiders make my skin crawl. There's one sitting on the wall in the restroom at work and I've had to run by him all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am for sure not a fan of cockroaches, no way, and not a fan of social situations either. I can also do without confrontation. Great list and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a lot in common! I am afraid of drowning because I can't swim. I am also an introvert who is not comfortable in social situations sometimes. I avoid confrontation at all cost and I hate spiders!

    ReplyDelete